We are pleased to announce that the 11th International Whitehead Conference, under the topic “Nature in Process. Novel Approaches to Science and Metaphysics“, will take place between 25th-28th July 2017. The conference will take place in Ponta Delgada, on the Island of S. Miguel and be hosted by The University of the Azores.
You are cordially invited to attend this conference and submit your abstracts for presentations in any on the following sections. ABSTRACTS DUE MARCH 31, 2017. People will be notified of abstracts acceptance/rejection before 15th May 2017. If you need to know if your abstract has been accepted at an earlier date, please let us know.Sections listed alphabetically, section heads are in parentheses:
- Whitehead and Analytical Philosophy (Johanna Seibt)
- Whitehead and Bergson (Maria-Teresa Teixeira)
- Whitehead and Biology (Spyridon Koutroufinis and René Pikarski)
- Whitehead, German Idealism and modern German philosophy (Aljoscha Berve)
- Whitehead, Indian Philosophy and Buddhism (Wm. Andrew Schwartz and Jefferey D. Long)
- Whitehead and Integral Ecology (Barbara Muraca and Moirika Reker)
- Whitehead and Integral Economics (Mark Dibben)
- Whitehead, Mathematics and Logic (Vesselin Petrov)
- Whitehead and Neoplatonism (Michael Wagner)
- Whitehead and New Cosmology (Lukasz Lamza)
- Whitehead and Phenomenology (Luca Vanzago)
- Whitehead and Philosophy of Mind (John Pickering)
- Whitehead and Physics (Joachim Klose)
- Whitehead and Pragmatism (Dennis Sölch–Treasurer of the 11th IWC)
- Whitehead, Spinoza and Leibniz (Helmut Maassen)
- Whitehead and Theology (Hans-Ferdinand Angel)
Presentations should be no longer than 30 minutes including discussion; sections may overlap and participants should specify which section or sections they would like their paper to be included in. Conference languages are English and Portuguese. Portuguese-speaking presenters should provide a full translation of their texts at least 30 days in advance of giving their papers. We may accept more than one presentation from senior scholars. Abstracts DUE March 31, 2017. Abstracts should be all sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require a formal invitation to apply for institutional support or a Travel Visa, please register and contact email@example.com.
Registration dates and fees (in euro):
Early registration: Jan. 1 2016 – Jan. 31, 2017; fee: 100 (students)/150 (standard);
Normal registration: Feb. 1 – May 31, 2017; fee: 150 (students)/200 (standard);
Late registration: after June 1, 2017; fee: 200 (students)/250 (standard).
The following keynote speakers have confirmed their attendance: John B. Cobb, Jr., Manuel Carmo Ferreira, Yutaka Tanaka, Michel Weber.